I’ve mentioned my love for Duck Dynasty in prior posts. Heck, we even found their shop in Louisiana. So last week my co-worker and I heard that they were going to be in Wal-Mart (go figure – of all places) signing their book, The Duck Commander Family. Willie and Korie, that is. So, I made sure I had nothing else to do and off to the Big-D I went!
I’ve attended a book signing before and to be honest, it was kind of hellish. It was just hours and hours of waiting in a bookstore line that never moved, however when we got to the front of the line, we spoke to her and got a picture. That part was great. This experience was a little different.
1. It is understandable that you would stand in line at a Wal-Mart to see a self-proclaimed redneck.
2. This line moved and it moved quick (thank you, thank you).
3. As opposed to reading books and sitting on the floor (as the case in the first book signing) we got to quickly go thru the aisles and shop a little. Or peruse in the sporting goods and auto section that is. Did I need any oil and new car seat covers? No, but I got some good Christmas ideas while I was there.
4. Babies. People love having their babies pictures taken with rednecks (and there were some cute ones).
5. Finally, we got to the front of the line. Here is my biggest quirk about the visit. It was super, super rushed. They could only take pictures while signing autographs and they signed quick. So I didn’t get to talk to them, although I’m not really sure what I would have said but it would’ve been nice to have a “moment” but I guess I got one below.
Let’s ignore how ridiculous I look and focus more on how wickedly awesome it is to have a picture taken with these two. More men should have these beards… just sayin’.
Love them – thanks for the signing! Next time, I need to meet Uncle Si and Jase!